This week thousands of school pupils who had worked and studied hard were told they hadn’t got the grades they deserved simply because of the school they attended.
In places where incomes are lower and schools are underfunded, students had their grades lowered.
These students are absolutely heartbroken, their plans for the future wrecked by this Conservative Government’s incompetence.
It doesn’t need to be this way. That’s why we’ve launched a campaign to make sure young people get the grades they deserve.
Firstly, the algorithm should be scrapped and students awarded their original predicted grades.
Failing that, here’s how we’ll fix this mess:
- Free appeals - to make it easy for every child to appeal grades they think are wrong.
- The chance to give evidence of their progress - so they can be judged on their work, not their school.
- Clear guidance on the opportunity to sit the exams for real in the autumn.
By signing this petition we are calling for:
- Free grade appeals
- The chance to give evidence of progress
- Clear guidance on re-sits
We will include your name and address when submitting the petition to the UK Government.